Present Moradabad city was established as the head office of Chaupala Pargana during Emperor AKBAR ‘s regime. In 1624, Rustom Khan, the governor of Sambhal, captured it and set up a fort at this place and named it as Rustom Nagar. Later on it was named as MORADABAD after the name of SHAHJAHAN ‘s son MURAD BUX and this name still persists. Physical development of the city was started after the construction of JAMA MASJID by Rustom Khan in 1632. Moradabad is renowned for brass work and has carved a niche for itself in the handicraft industry through out the world. The modern, attractive, and artistic brass ware, jewelry and trophies made by skilled artisans are the main crafts. The attractive brass ware are exported to countries like USA, Britain, Canada, Germany and Middle East Asia. There are about 600 export units and 5000 industries in this district of Uttar Pradesh, INDIA. Moradabad exports goods worth Rs. 2200 Crores every year.